The 7-night payment problem - Answer

   Other pages: 

Welcome! 

 Home  

Get your brain teaser solved!

View my blog on particle physics here


THE 7-NIGHT PAYMENT 

PROBLEM - ANSWER

Age group: All


Here is the answer to the 7-night payment problem which I had posted on my blog earlier!

The question was:

" Chetan arrives at a hotel. He has 2 sets of gold rings and a single gold ring. The first set of rings has 4 rings and the second set has 2. He cannot take the sets of rings apart, or exchange them for a different form of currency, and the hotel clerk has no change. He wants to stay at the hotel for 7 nights, and he has to pay one gold ring for each night that he stays. He cannot pay in advance for any day or all, neither can he pay all at once at the end of his stay.
How does he pay for his 7 nights at the hotel? "


You can also view the question here:

Now coming to the Answer!

This may seem a bit complex to some of you at first but just think about it carefully...




This is what he can do:




We notice that the daily payment happens by a simple exchange of coins, such that the clerk does not pay in advance or late at any point in time!

If you have got the same answer in any other way, then do let me know in the comments section!

If you have interpreted this question in another suitable way, then do let me know in the comments section again!

If I have made any significant error, do let me know about that too, and I will be sure to make the necessary changes!
You can also attend to the above here.

I hope you enjoyed this :)


See my other posts here:

View the contents of this blog for easy and better navigation!


With Warm Wishes,
Lavanya


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bay Window Murder Mystery - Answer

What is the Colour of the Hat?

Which Switch Opens the Light? - Answer